MindLight is a part of Om’s “Shadows into Light” self-care program for Spirit Medicine students and apprentices.
MindLight functions as the core foundation of Spirit Medicine, so this is where we start our Shadows into Light Journey, learning how to listen deeply and focus our mind with clarity and power of intent.
Deep Listening with the calm composure of a wise elder and the joyful, open-minded curiosity of a young child can heighten our awareness, bringing us peace, clarity, inspiration and insight. Deep Listening reconnects us with ourselves, others, with the land, and with Spirit. Eastern cultures call this “Meditation”. Psychologists prefer to think of it as “Mindfulness”. Omanisa’s word to describe this skill is “Intuition” or “Perception”, and this is what she uses to read the aura and listen to Spirit. All First Nations have their own word for deep listening, meditation, intuition and reflective thinking. For example, in the Ngan’gikurunggurr and Ngen’giwumirri languages of the Aboriginal people of the Daly River region, 220 kilometres south of where Om lives in Darwin, NT, call it “Dadirri”.
- “The wildest realisations one can make about the self during the course of a lifespan cannot be compared to the power of awareness one might get when pure and profound spiritual/cognitive exploration happens. The effect is rendered even stronger when such inner explorations are facilitated by an experienced, empathic, creative shaman like Om. Such realisations then receive a lifelong echo when the facilitation is supported by a whole community of sensitive and empathetic apprentice healers from different walks of life and with different skills and sensory capabilities.” (Cloud, Darwin)
- “This course has really cemented my self care into a system where I can identify the signs that it is needed early, understand how and why it’s playing out and fast track myself to a supercharged remedy. I would recommend this course to everyone!” (Peter, Victoria)
- “This self discovery inner journey with beautiful like minded souls, has been instrumental in developing personal confidence, growth, knowledge, expansion and deep connections with nature, self and others.” (Larni, Darwin)
- “Om is a most gracious facilitator, who has a wealth of knowledge and experience to draw from. No matter where you are on your spiritual path, the Mindlight course, caters for all. By the end of our time together, I am more confident, feel more connected and have gained new knowledge and skills.” (Bec, Darwin)
“Awaken your MindLight by harnessing the power of your attention, intention and intuition”
Fine-tuning your Intuition is only one half of the MindLight equation. The other half is “Intention”, where you learn how to harness and direct the focus of your attention in ways that align with your intention. Intention is associated with will, the ability to take action and make things happen. Omanisa calls this power of intent. Power of intent comes from an ability to focus our intent. But before we can focus intent with any kind of power, we need clarity of intent. MindLight helps us get clear about what we want to focus on, how we want to focus on it, and why. Intent is also a psychic skill. This is what Omanisa uses to “speak” to Spirit.
A major facet of MindLight is creative visualisation, which isn’t just about imagery. Visualization acts directly on the brain, altering brainwave activity and biochemistry in ways that improve our mood and our health. The creative visualisation skills Omanisa learned with her family as a teenager have a proven track record for improving many facets of life, from athletic ability to cognitive performance, to self esteem and goal achievement. They can be used to boost our immunity, lower stress, enhance healing and improve pain management. They are also the foundational skills for anyone wanting to develop psychic and spiritual awareness.
The MindLight program can include any or all of the following, depending on what you negotiate with Om during the application process:
- 1 x 90min weekly Zoom class. Includes meditation, training and group discussion.
- Online self-paced, self-study course modules (a blend of text and audio training).
- Private Facebook support group.
- Access to Om’s Student Clinic (discounted and free consults with Om’s and her apprentices).
- First option on Workshops and Retreats.
- 20% off consults with Om, a discount on your package, and an extra months access for free, if you accept your offer within a week of being approved.
We’ll run MindLight again as soon as we get enough expressions of interest. We need at least 6 people so if you want to gather a group of friends and propose a time for the weekly class, please do!