Stuck in a rut? Frustrated with yourself because you aren’t looking after yourself well? Worried about your health? Tired of putting yourself last? Or perhaps you’ve recently made some wonderful progress with your self-care and you’re determined to stay focused and build on your success!
Book in for a Self-Care Coaching consultation, and learn how to make positive, sustainable behaviour and lifestyle changes, with naturopath and holistic health coach Omanisa Ross supporting you along the way.
WHAT IS SELF-CARE?
Self-care is a movement away from self-neglect or self-harming behaviours, towards self-love and self-nurturing. Good self-care means taking an active role in protecting or improving your health, wellbeing and happiness.
While there are basic self-care needs we all have, such as getting enough sleep, eating healthy food, and exercising, self-care comes in many shapes and sizes because we are individuals with unique situations and needs.
For one person, self-care might mean going to bed a little earlier so they can get up and go to the gym before work.
For another it might mean lazing about in their pyjamas all day on a Saturday, indulging in some much-needed movie-therapy after a hard week at work.
Self-care means different things to different people, and our definition of self-care can change over time.
What does self-care look like to you?
Here are some examples of self-care from my clients, friends, students and colleagues:
- “Breaking up with a friend who always takes and never gives anything back.”
- “Giving up refined sugar and dairy because it makes my face break out in angry red pimples that make me feel ugly and self-conscious.”
- “Drinking 3 coffees every day instead of 6!”
- “Using methadone instead of heroin.”
- “Setting better boundaries for myself with work. This means not bringing my work home with me!
- “Owning up when I stuff up, instead of all the crazy lies I used to tell that would always land me in deeper trouble eventually anyway.
- “Having some more raw foods and wholefoods in my diet. Less junk food.”
- “Slowing down and taking time to rest and relax each day instead of being married to my list of things that need to be done.”
- “Not being so strict with myself all the time about what I eat and how much I exercise.”
- “Having at least 1 alcohol-free day a week.”
- “Making sure I remember to drink enough water each day!”
- “Getting regular massages.”
What can Omanisa help you with?
*Recognising your personal self-care strengths
*Getting out of a rut, with slow, gradual, achievable steps
*Making regret work for you in a healthy, constructive way
*Picking yourself back up after setbacks, dust yourself off, and have another go
*Monitoring, acknowledging and enjoying your progress
*Recognising that self-care is a skill, and like any skill it can be practised and made stronger
*Identifying the triggers that derail your self-care, leading you deeper into self-neglect/harm
*Understanding the value of “lesser demons” when weaning yourself off self-harming behaviours
*Seeing the underlying needs you’re instinctively trying to meet when you’re caught up in unhealthy habits
*Putting shame and guilt back in their corner so you can focus on helping yourself instead of beating up on yourself
If you would like to begin your self-care coaching journey, use the contact form on this page to ask about a booking. The first consultation is charged at $150AU, but you can save money on follow up consultations by purchasing a bundle of 6 consultations in advance for $700. Instead of paying $900 for 6 consultations, you can save $200. Payment plans are available.